Re: Renaming groups etc.

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: Renaming groups etc.
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:45:00 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:02:03 +0200 Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> wrote:
>
> TK> Re.: Renaming groups etc.
> TK> What is the right way to rename, delete etc. groups.  I tryed G r for
> TK> renaming but got
>
> TK> Renaming group nnimap+AUC:INBOX.ARC_Aeolus to nnimap+AUC:ARC.Aeolus...
> TK> Couldn't rename group nnimap+AUC:INBOX.ARC_Aeolus to nnimap+AUC:ARC.Aeolus
>
> Your IMAP server enforces the prefix "INBOX" on every group name, so you
> can't have a group name without it.

I see that it works to rename to something including INBOX.  I have
just had my mails transferred to another imap server.  Previously I am
quit sure that I had these groups for archiving which did not have the
INBOX in the name.  Am I mistaken or can that be done?

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Mobile  : (+45) 2787 9826
Section of Automation and Control,      Direct  : 6 8694