Re: More gnewb questions

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: More gnewb questions
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:26:27 +0200

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:11:39 GMT, notbob wrote:

> I tried it and gnus doesn't work at all, now.

Could you be a little more specific? What did you do, what did you
expect to happen and what happened?

> Is it a toggle variable -- just run again?

You simply set it to the value you prefer.

> I'm reading the gnus manual like crazy, but it's so vague.

I'm sure suggestions for improvements/patches will be welcomed :-)

> Where is the "active" file. Manual talks about it, but doesn't
> identify it.

It is something a news-server keeps, and maintains.

> Also, a ~/.gnus.el file has yet to be created.  I gotta do it manually?

Yes.

  Best regards,

    Adam

P.S. Please trim the quoted text, thanks :-)

--
 "Emacs is like a laser guided missile. It only has to        Adam Sjøgren
  be slight mis-configured to ruin your whole day."      asjo@koldfront.dk