Re: More gnewb questions

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: More gnewb questions
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:19:28 +0200

notbob@bb.nothome.com writes:

Hi!

> (Yes, there will be many, but I'm finally really getting into emacs.)

No problem, that's what newsgroups are for.  But it would be better if
you ask each question with a new message with specific subject.  In
general I don't have time to read through a "noob needs help" thread to
pick out the questions I can answer, but I'm happy to help otherwise.

> Q: Where do I put my newserver login info so I don't hafta enter it
> every time?

That's what ~/.authinfo is for.  Here's mine:

,----
| machine mail.messagingengine.com login USER password XXX force yes
| machine news.uni-koblenz.de login USER password XXX force yes
| [...]
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The  desire  to  be  rewarded  for one's  creativity  does  not  justify
depriving  the world  in  general of  all  or part  of that  creativity.