Re: ``Quips'' in signatures

From: Evan I
Subject: Re: ``Quips'' in signatures
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 19:04:30 -0500

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

>>> http://www.google.com/search?q=gnus+posting+styles
>>
>> It would be much better, in my opinion, to search the Gnus manual before
>> searching the whole web.
>
> I was making the point that an answer to "I have no idea what gnus
> posting styles are" is that its extremely trivial to find out.
>
> As a first step google points you to user articles about it - something
> frequently easier to digest than the sometimes complicated Gnus manual.

But seriously how hard is it to check the built in documentation in
emacs.  Yes it takes a moment to learn how to read but for answering
simple terminology questions it is very quick.  I'm all about helping
someone who needs it.  Emacs is certainly not just for programmers, but
it does require that you be able to read and learn how to use it.  It's
neither a typewriter, nor is it telepathic.