Re: Filtering Spam Messages With Bogofilter

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Re: Filtering Spam Messages With Bogofilter
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:14:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 15, 3:57 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> Bogofilter is not set as your group's spam exit processor (according to
> spam-group-processor-p).  Can you try using `G c' on a group and
> explicitly set it in the group/topic parameters, then mark spam and
> exit?  If that works, we can check what's inconsistent in your Lisp
> configuration (it looks fine as I said, but I may have missed
> something).  There are old-style and new-style backend specification
> formats, which makes it even more annoying for you I'm sure.

I "G c"ed into "misc" group and selected below parameters.

  [X] Spam Summary Exit Processor: [Value Menu] Spam Summary Exit
Processor Choices:
      Set:
      [ ] gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-ifile
          OBSOLETE: The ifile summary exit spam processor.
      [ ] gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-copy
          OBSOLETE: The ham copy exit ham processor. [More]
      [ ] Spam: Gmane Report
      [X] Spam: Bogofilter
      [ ] Spam: Blacklist
      [ ] Ham: Spam Oracle
  Which spam or ham processors will be applied when the summary is
exited.

After pressing to "[Done]" I returned back to *Group* buffer and
marked an article in the "misc" group  via "S x" and closed the group
buffer. Below are the related lines appeared in the *Messages* buffer.

  Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
  Registering 1  articles with classification spam, check spam-use-
bogofilter
  Marking spam as expired without moving
it
  Expiring articles...done
  Quit

But when I entered into "misc" group again, I still see the spam
marked message with an "E" status (as was before). Shouldn't it be
disappeared and messaged would have moved into "spam" group?

BTW, I have below configurations in my ~/.gnus.el file and "misc" is
collected under "mail" topic.

  (defun custom-nnmail-expiry-wait (group)
    (cond ((member (gnus-group-topic group) '("mail" "personal")) 90)
          (t 30)))

  (setq
   gnus-agent-expire-all nil
   gnus-agent-expire-days 7
   gnus-agent-expire-unagentized-dirs t
   nnmail-expiry-wait 7
   message-expires 7
   nnmail-expiry-wait-function 'custom-nnmail-expiry-wait
   gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups ".*")

Regards.