Re: nnmairix question

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: nnmairix question
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:36:16 +0200

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm using nnmairix but unfortunately found that nnmairix-goto-original-
> article function doesn't work for me.
>
> In a nnmairix group I do '$ o' on a current article and got: "Couldn't
> find original article".
>
> But gnus doesn't tell me why it couldn't...

I agree that a little more debugging output would be neat...

Finding the original article is a bit tricky. nnmairix will first try to
use the registry. This will only work if you're actually using the
registry (highly recommended), and if the article in question was
already "seen" by the registry (the registry will register every article
that is displayed in a summary buffer).

Now, if the registry did not work, it will do another mairix search,
which looks like this:

mairix -Q -r m:MESSAGE-ID

(the MESSAGE-ID must be specified without the angle brackets!).

This is a search in 'raw mode', i.e., it will only display the full path
to the found message(s). nnmairix will try to find the message from this
path, based on some simple heuristics. It would be interesting to know
how the output of the above search commands looks with your
configuration, and what kind of backend server you're using for your
mail (nnml, nnimap, or nnmaildir).

Regards,
David