Re: Questions about expiring

From: Nicolas KOWALSKI
Subject: Re: Questions about expiring
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:28:29 +0100

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> With apropos I get:
>     gnus-agent-expire-days is a variable defined in `gnus-agent.el'.
>     Its value is 7
>
>     Documentation:
>     Read articles older than this will be expired.
>
> I think that this is an error, because -luckily- only articles from
> which I have said that they are expired more then seven days ago are
> deleted.

I think the variable to be refered to is this one:

"
nnmail-expiry-wait is a variable defined in `nnmail.el'.
Its value is 90

Documentation:
*Expirable articles that are older than this will be expired.
This variable can either be a number (which will be interpreted as a
number of days) -- this doesn't have to be an integer.  This variable
can also be `immediate' and `never'.
"

> When running gnus-group-expire-all-groups. A lot of information is
> displayed in the mini-buffer, but not everything is logged in the
> Message buffer. For example the connection information to the IMAPS
> server. Is there a way to capture all the information?

For your nnimap groups, you may use the imap-log variable, and check
the *imap-log* buffer for SEARCH requests when the expiration process
goes on.

"
imap-log is a variable defined in `imap.el'.
Its value is t

Documentation:
If non-nil, a imap session trace is placed in *imap-log* buffer.
Note that username, passwords and other privacy sensitive
information (such as e-mail) may be stored in the *imap-log*
buffer.  It is not written to disk, however.  Do not enable this
variable unless you are comfortable with that.
"

--
Nicolas