Re: Password sending mail only once

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: Password sending mail only once
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:13:06 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 08:24:04 +0200 Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> wrote:
>
> TK> Some time ago I was asked for a password when sending mail only the
> TK> first time in a gnus session.  Now I am asked every time I send a
> TK> mail.
>
> TK> How can I get back to only given the password once?
>
> TK> I prefer solutions with out storing password anywhere.  Given it once
> TK> is what I prefer.
>
> TK> I have found some info on the net but nothing I could handle with my
> TK> limited skills.
>
> I think you want to `M-x customize-group password'
>
> Specifically, `password-cache' and `password-cache-expiry'
>
> This is, I believe, what's used by smtpmail.el if it can't get the
> password from auth-source.  I encourage you to use auth-source instead,
> though.  You'd be storing the password in a PGP-encrypted file and you
> can use the same file for IMAP, POP3, NNTP, etc. passwords.

I am trying the below

; To avoid password on sending begin
;; (require 'auth-source)
(require 'auth-source "/home/tk/Emacs/ngnus-0.10/lisp/auth-source")
;; ;(require 'epa-file "~/elisp/epa-file.el")
(require 'epa-file)
;; (epa-file-enable)
;; ;(setq gnus-verbose 10)
;; (setq epa-file-cache-passphrase-for-symmetric-encryption t) ; VERY important
;; ;(setq epa-file-cache-passphrase-for-symmetric-encryption-timeout 60)
;; (if (file-exists-p "~/.authinfo.gpg")
;;     (setq auth-sources '((:source "~/.authinfo.gpg" :host t :protocol t)))
;;     (setq auth-sources '((:source "~/.authinfo" :host t :protocol t))))
; To avoid password on sending end

However, I didn't have auth-sources in my path so I changed to the
above.  Now also I don't have epa-file.el and I can't find it.  Where
can I download it ?

Moreover, is the above at all right?  I have just paste it from
somewhere but I dont really know what it is doing.

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Mobile  : (+45) 2787 9826
Section of Automation and Control,      Direct  : 6 8694