Re: POP: mail size details patch works

From: Henri-Paul Indiogine
Subject: Re: POP: mail size details patch works
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:18:11 -0500

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
> Pretty straightforward,I'd think.  Do a cvs checkout of gnus first
> (see Gnus webpage).  Do a ./configure making sure it can find the
> right Emacs and then do make, that's it.  Don't do make install.  Add
> the gnus cvs checked out folder into your path to make sure that's
> read first.
>
> Second time around when updating, do a cvs upd followed by make.

Thanks Sivaram!  This makes sense.  Would you mind sharing the .emacs
code for the loading of gnus?

In the case of org-mode I have the following:

(setq load-path (cons "~/elisp/org-mode/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/elisp/org-mode/contrib/lisp" load-path))
(require 'org-install)

That makes sure that my git version of org-mode is loaded (v. 6.34)
instead of the one that comes with Ubuntu Karmic emacs23 (v. 6.22, if I
remember correctly).

I suppose something similar has to be coded in my .emacs for gnus?

Thanks,

--
Henri-Paul Indiogine
Email: hindiogine@gmail.com