Re: Remove the blank line at start of reply

From: Nicolas KOWALSKI
Subject: Re: Remove the blank line at start of reply
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:18:57 +0200

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:
> Nicolas KOWALSKI writes:
>
>> When I reply to a mail, the body starts with the citation of the
>> owner+date+something, then there is an empty line, then the quoted
>> original text.
>>
>> Is there a way to remove the empty line ?
>>
> You can do it customizing the message-insert-citation-line function. You
> can use the one that comes with emacs as a reference.

Ok.

I now use the following (removed one final newline in the original
function); this works well:

;;
;; Function used for citation
;;
(defun niko-message-insert-citation-line ()
  "Insert a simple citation line."
  (when message-reply-headers
    (insert (mail-header-from message-reply-headers) " writes:")
    (newline)))

(setq message-citation-line-function 'niko-message-insert-citation-line)

Thanks for your tip,
--
Nicolas