Re: verifying gpg signature

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: verifying gpg signature
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:47:55 -0000

> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:57:48 -0400, Stephen wrote:
>
>> I can hit <return> on that part, and it does nothing. Tracing that
>> with the elisp debugger, apparently I'm supposed to add
>> that mime type to gnus-article-treat-types, and then a handler to
>> gnus-treatment-function-alist?
>
>> The function mml2015-verify seems to be what I need to call; how to I
>> tell Gnus to call it?
>
> All I have in my .gnus these days concerning GPG is this:
>
>   (setq mm-verify-option 'known
>         mm-decrypt-option 'known)
>   (setq gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/signed"
> "multipart/encrypted"))

I had already set mm-verify-option and mm-decrypt-option.

> What version of Gnus are you running?

Well, it seems I was running Emacs 22.2 (blush). But now I'm running
Emacs 23.1. When I open an email with a signature attachment, that mime
part is no longer shown (it was with Emacs 23.1), and nothing else
happens.

Setting gnus-buttonized-mime-types displays the status in the button
headers, which is not what I'd expect from a button, but works for me.

--
-- Stephe