Re: MacOSX Aquamacs Gnus Tutorial/Manual

From: Timo Geusch
Subject: Re: MacOSX Aquamacs Gnus Tutorial/Manual
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:46:41 -0000

Andreas Most <Andreas.Most@nospam.invalid> writes:

> "Joachim Osnabryg" <osna@jpberlin.de> writes:
>
>> Helo Gnusers,
>>
>> hope I'm right here with my question:
>>
>> I simply want to use Aquamacs Emacs on my Mac for news (Gnus), I had
>> asked  here and there on other NGs (especially German ones) with my
>> question how  to configuer Aquamacs Emacs for Gnus with 2 or three
>> different  newsservers, how to subscribe NGs, etc. with different and
>> contradictory  tips how to proceed.
>>
>> I searched many manuals, how-to's on Aquamacs, Emacs, Gnus with the
>> same  result.
>>
>> So I ask here simply:
>>
>> In which Manual I find a step-by-step guide to configure Aquamacs for
>> Gnus? On which Website or how to call it within Aquamacs?
>
> There shouldn't be a difference to plain Emacs. Have you tried the
> tutorial on the Emacs Wiki site?

I'm pretty sure there isn't - I've got both Aquamacs and Carbon Emacs
installed on this Mac, plus I share my .gnus.el amongst several other
Unix and Windows machines. I didn't need to make any special tweaks to
use gnus on Aquamacs.

That said, Aquamacs seems to interpret some of the font settings in a
slightly different way, so Gnus looks a little different.