Re: Gnus sending speed?

From: Nigel Beck
Subject: Re: Gnus sending speed?
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 09:10:07 -0400

I had this problem when I was gcc'ing sent mail to a very large folder
and marking it read.  I had something like 10000 items in the "sent
items" folder, and outbound send was taking forever.

My solution in this case was to rename the sent items archive folder and
create a new smaller one.  Then sending was fast again...

If you have gnus-message-archive-group set to a large folder and
gnus-gcc-mark-as-read set to T, this may also be your issue

--
Nigel Beck
http://www.nigelbeck.com