mail list alive? gatewayed?

From: Allan Gottlieb
Subject: mail list alive? gatewayed?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:55:57 -0400

12th.
Reiner Steib replied to the newsgroup gnu.emacs.gnus with a CC to me.
I received the CC but not the msg posted to the newsgroup.

I had thought that the newsgroup and mailing list had bidirectional
forwarding.  Is this belief correct and, if so, any idea why reiner's
msg to the newsgroup has not appeared on the mailing list?
I also checked
http://www.mail-archive.com/info-gnus-english@gnu.org/maillist.html
and the latest msgs are from the 12th.

thanks,