Re: : Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: : Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:42:44 -0000

On 18 May 2010, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> Not long ago I started using tc to get better citation. This works okay.
> But just now I got the following when I tried to reply to someone:
> fill-delete-newlines: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
>
> It is a combination of ct and the message, because I just tried several
> other messages and with those there is no problem replying. What could
> be happening here?

I'm bitten by this bug/feature too, have been for years.

I think this mostly (only?) happens when I reply to a reply. It seems
Gnus gets confused about the not *one* but _two_ signatures that may be
in the message it tries to wrap around, adding yet a third.

I blame the other user's mail client (well, duh) that did not strip my
signature when it replied.

My workaround is to create a block (ctrl space etcetera) inside the
reply and quote-reply to that, bypassing/removing all signatures.