Re: nnmail split multi-byte bug or feature?

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: nnmail split multi-byte bug or feature?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:44:15 -0000

Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
Cc: info-gnus-english@gnu.org

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> BTW, I noticed `B nnml RET RET' in the group buffer shows
> non-ASCII group names without properly decoding.  It should be
> fixed!

Fixed in the Emacs bzr trunk and the Gnus git trunk.

Stormwatch, maybe you have entries of which the group names are
corrupted in the ~/Mail/active file, and may want to fix them
manually.  To do that, one of ways will be to do find-file it as

C-x RET c utf-8-unix RET C-x C-f ~/Mail/active

, edit it, and save it.