A killer feature for Gnus ?

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: A killer feature for Gnus ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:11 -0000

Hello,

I was thinking about what would be the most usefull feature that I miss
in Gnus.

And I come up with something available with a Google's news group
interface feature (well this is probably the only one with its search
engine).

Indeed it's possible to mark articles with a star and all articles with
such marks can be gathered in one place. So it means that if you want to
follow several discussions which belong to several different news
groups, you don't have to remember which group with interesting stuff,
and which stuff it is. You can go to that 'bookmark' page and retrieve
any hot discussions in one view. Actually Google is able to tell me if a
hot discussion got a new message.

However I don't think it's possible for Gnus to do something similar.

What would be great is to mark articles with a special mark. Then in the
group buffer, one can create a virtual group which would gather all the
special marked articles. So when entering this group, one can see all
his interesting discussions. Then selecting an article in this group
would jump to the 'real' group (gnu.emacs.gnus for example) and place
the cursor on it.

Does that sound usefull ?

--
Francis