Re: nnmail split multi-byte bug or feature?

From: stormwatch
Subject: Re: nnmail split multi-byte bug or feature?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:44:19 -0000

On 29 jul, 23:09, Katsumi Yamaoka <yama...@jpl.org> wrote:
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
> Cc: info-gnus-engl...@gnu.org
>
> Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
    > How do you find possibly unknown mail groups that
    > nnmail-split creates?  (Text that X-Course-Name header contains
is
    > unknown, isn't it?)

That's a very good question. I think gnus-auto-subscribed-groups whose
default
value is "^nnml\\|^nnfolder\\|^nnmbox\\|^nnmh\\|^nnbabyl\\|^nnmaildir"
should be
enough.

BTW, I'd like to change gnus-subscribe-options-newsgroup-method to
'gnus-subscribe-topics. Some time ago I tried to add a topic parameter
in my .gnus with no success, forcing me to edit the topic parameters
interactively each time I reinstalled or moved my os. Is it possible
to add something like '(("utn" (subscribe . "\\.utn"))) to gnus-
parameters? ("utn" being the topic name).

> Stormwatch, maybe you have entries of which the group names are
> corrupted in the ~/Mail/active file, and may want to fix them
> manually.  To do that, one of ways will be to do find-file it as
>
> C-x RET c utf-8-unix RET C-x C-f ~/Mail/active
>
> , edit it, and save it.

YES! That fixed the issue. I had to modify .newsrc.eld too. Thanks for
your help.