Re: Today's articles/mails..

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Today's articles/mails..
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:17:17 +0100

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

Hi Rich,

>> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Limiting") ]
>> | `/ w'
>> |      Pop the previous limit off the stack and restore it
>> |      (`gnus-summary-pop-limit').  If given a prefix, pop all limits off
>> |      the stack.
>> `----
>

> It would be nice (or is there) to have a variable to disable this :

Hm, that would mean losing the ability of limiting with different
concerns, like limiting to articles from Richard received the last 30
days.

> personally I never want the limits stacked and would like my next one
> to override the previous rather than having to manually pop the limit
> first.

I think you could advice all gnus-summary-limit-* commands to do a
(gnus-summary-pop-limit t) before, but that's a bit ugly IMHO.

Bye,
Tassilo

Sent from my Emacs