Re: my vs maildir

From: prad
Subject: Re: my vs maildir
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:56:07 -0800

Brett Viren <brett.viren@gmail.com> writes:

> Two more things to consider:

these ideas worked fantastically well, brett!!

i'm not using procmail yet - have to figure out that one today because i
want to do spam filtering with it ... right now with my new setup, i
don't mind receiving spam though. :D

certainly setting the "myserv" ties things together nicely.

i was glad i'd figured out dovecot to be able to get in with minimal
fuss, but thought it was a bit ironical that i'd need to do all this to
get into my own files, so your imap without running a server was really
great!

i'm puzzled though as to why it actually works. i thought the idea was
to have dovecot listen because a request to imap would come in, but the
emacs entry:

(setq imap-shell-program '("MAIL=maildir:$HOME/Maildir /usr/lib/dovecot/imap"))

would seem to appear to run imap every time you access gnu - which i
guess is the idea because you need to run it only once to get in.

again, thx for these tips!

--
in friendship,
prad