Re: mairix problems - [solved]

From: prad
Subject: Re: mairix problems - [solved]
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 13:58:18 -0800

prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> writes:

> so it seems i'm missing a piece somewhere since mairix is doing its job
> both out of gnus and in it. what can be done?

the key apparently was to change my
base=~/Mail
base=~/Mail/inbox

that way instead of creating zz files in both Mail and inbox, everything
goes into inbox and it works beautifully!

now the issue would be that we have all these zz files cluttering up the
inbox which is likely why the manual suggests an alternative for people
who don't like this sort of thing:
"if you're uncomfortable with nnmairix creating new mail groups
alongside your other mail, you can also create e.g. a new nnmaildir
server exclusively for mairix."

--
in friendship,
prad