Re: open/close threads with `<' and `>'

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: open/close threads with `<' and `>'
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:19:50 -0500

Andy Moreton <andrewjmoreton@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed 12 Oct 2011, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
>>
>>> AFter loading this, it does not work for me.  I suspect something is
>>> blocking it somehow.  All I see is a cursor move left or right.
>>
>> Too bad to... it would come in handy on the raging thread going on in
>> gmane.emacs.gnus.general right now ... hehe.
>
> Where did you add the keymappings suggessed by Tassilo ?
> This works for me:
>
> (defun my-gnus-summary-mode-hook ()
>   (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd ">") 'gnus-summary-show-thread)
>   (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "<") 'gnus-summary-hide-thread)
>   )
> (add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'my-gnus-summary-mode-hook)

Just a bit more info on this.  Evaluating your code does not allow those
keys to call those commands for some reason.  However if I just call the
actual commands (gnus-summary-hide-thread/gnus-summary-show-thread) with
cursor on part of a thread then it works fine.

Am I doing this wrong in some way?

I've inserted Tassilos' code into .gnus and evaluated .gnus, I've
evaluated your code right on your post.  Still the <> keys do not
respond.