Re: open/close threads with `<' and `>'

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: open/close threads with `<' and `>'
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:35:12 +0200

Hi Harry,

>>> I would like to defun a function that can toggles a given thread as
>>> the ">" is hard to use on my keyboard.
>>
>> I have such a function:
>>
>> (defun th-next-line-invisible-p ()
>>   "Return non-nil, if the line after POS starts invisible.
>> POS defaults to `point'."
>>   (invisible-p (line-end-position)))
>>
>> (defun th-gnus-summary-toggle-show/hide ()
>>   (interactive)
>>   (if (th-next-line-invisible-p)
>>       (gnus-summary-show-thread)
>>     (gnus-summary-hide-thread)))
>
> Tassilo, what do you use this for... sorry I can't just follow the
> code since I'm a simpleton.

You would bind `th-gnus-summary-toggle-show/hide' to some key in
`gnus-summary-mode-map' just like you did with the other two commands.
This command is a combination of both: calling it on a collapsed thread
will expand it, calling it on a expanded thread collapses it again.

I have bound it to M-TAB like that

  (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "<M-tab>")
              'th-gnus-summary-toggle-show/hide)

Simply TAB is not that good, because that's already used for jumping
between links...

Bye,
Tassilo