Re: Gnus: Point position in replies

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Gnus: Point position in replies
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 11:52:04 +0100

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:56:27 +0100, Marius wrote:

> Is there an easy way to put it in the following position and then
> insert a blank line between the point and the "John Doe <...>
> writes:"?

The current development version of Gnus has an option to make top
posting easier in a way similar to what you describe.

You didn't say what version of Gnus you are using (and you didn't send
your message with Gnus, so I couldn't cheat and deduce the answer from
your headers :-))

But if you do use the development version, you'll probably want to look
at the variable message-cite-style, which you can set to one of the
canned message-cite-style-{outlook,gmail,thunderbird} or you can
configure options individually.

See the info node (message)Insertion variables.

  Best regards,

    Adam

P.S. I know it en vogue to scald people why to try telling people about
     netiquette these days, but do consider whether interleaving your
     answers isn't actually better than writing the answers above the
     questions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

--
 "In his words, Emacs is elegant, UNIX arcane."               Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk