Re: '=> gmane.emacs.help' as sender?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: '=> gmane.emacs.help' as sender?
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 16:19:47 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

> Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:
>
>> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

Hi List, Hi Bastien,

>>> ,------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> gmane.emacs.gnus.user*; global value is nil
>>> `------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> message-do-auto-fill doesn't sound wrong to me, since I do want
>>>                      auto-fill , but without this strange indentation of
>>>                      random levels, it seems, since in this message, it
>>>                      is twice as deep as before.
>>
>> No, that's the same value I also have, and for me it doesn't fill that
>> strangely.  Sorry, I'm running out of ideas...
>
> Thanks anyway for your help, it might be a problem somehow related to
>        orgstruct++, maybe Bastien can fix it. (As you can see - the
>        problem is still there).

I just pulled a fresh org-mode from the git-repo

,-----------------------------------------
| Head:     c2aac5f org-element: Add tests
`-----------------------------------------

and write this post as
a test if message-mode and orgstruct++ work well together now, without
error messages and strange indentation - and while writing, autofill
works correctly, but filling a written paragraph doesn't work:

when hitting M-q to fill a paragraph I get the following error (and
nothing happens:

let: Wrong number of arguments: #[(arg) "Â.ÃÄ   \")‡"
[filladapt-inside-filladapt arg t filladapt-fill-paragraph fill-paragraph] 3
("/home/tj/gitclone/emacs24-starter-kit/src/el-get/emacs-goodies-el/elisp/emacs-goodies-el/filladapt.elc"
 . 10607) "*P"], 0

C-h k 'M-q' gives:
,----------------------------------------------------------------
| M-q runs the command orgstruct-hijacker-command-22, which is an
| interactive Lisp function.
`----------------------------------------------------------------

checking more orgstruct++ functionality:

test tree/list:
,---------------------
| **** 2nd
| **** newest
| ***** TODO
| lfjaslöjf sjfasklöjf
| afjöaljf lfjaslökfj
| jaslfjfaslfjaj
| ****** hello item
|
| - lst 1
| - lst 2
| - lst 3
`---------------------

M-up        Move entry/item up  # works, but moves item below signature
(see below)
M-down      Move entry/item down  # works, but ...
M-left      Promote   # works (on tree and all subtrees simultaneously)
M-right     Demote    # works (on tree and all subtrees simultaneously)
M-S-up      Move entry/item up  # error
M-S-down    Move entry/item down # error:  org-move-subtree-down: Cannot move
past superior level or buffer limit
M-S-left    Promote subtree  # works
M-S-right   Demote subtree  # works
M-q         Fill paragraph and items like in Org-mode  # error, see above
C-c ^       Sort entries # no errors
C-c -       Cycle list bullet # works
TAB         Cycle item visibility   # doesn't work
M-RET       Insert new heading/item  # works
S-M-RET     Insert new TODO heading / Checkbox item  # works
C-c C-c     Set tags / toggle checkbox # works

--
cheers,
Thorsten