Re: How to create/add-to-existing headers in a posting style?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to create/add-to-existing headers in a posting style?
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:22:15 +0200

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:40:44 +0200, Tassilo wrote:

> Another approach was to use gnus-parameters to add your
> append-hugo-in-cc function to message-header-hook (or
> message-header-setup-hook?) locally for this group.

How do I add it locally? Ah, add-hook has a LOCAL parameter. Hm. Let's
see if I can figure this out...

Ok, this is what I have cobbled together in the group parameters of the
group in question:

 ((x-add-to-cc
   (lambda nil
     (add-hook 'message-setup-hook
               (lambda nil
                 (save-excursion
                   (message-goto-cc)
                   (when
                       (not
                        (string-match "gottahavethisincc@example.org"
                                      (buffer-substring-no-properties
                                       (line-beginning-position)
                                       (line-end-position))))
                     (when
                         (not
                          (=
                           (-
                            (point)
                            (line-beginning-position))
                           4))
                       (insert ", "))
                     (insert "gottahavethisincc@example.org"))))
               nil t)
     "")))))

Which kind of works; the only problem with this is, that it leaves an
empty header "X-Add-To-Cc" in the buffer, which is ugly - but I couldn't
figure out how to have my function run without adding a header...

Any ideas to clean this up will be much appreciated.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Godnat og sov rigtigt godt eller, subsidiært, hop op        Adam Sjøgren
  og ned og hav det rigtigt af helvede til."             asjo@koldfront.dk