Re: Unicode(?) / display problems

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Unicode(?) / display problems
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:42:11 +0200

Gary <listgj-gnus@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> It seems that when gnus comes across some "odd" characters in the name
> of an article's author, the display goes screwy, and that continues
> even when I leave the group (see http://i.imgur.com/vWtfU.jpg for an
> example of what I mean - and no, I don't mean the deliberately blurred
> area!)

I don't think that's a Gnus issue, and maybe even not even an emacs
issue.

Could you try to reproduce the issue with emacs in some other terminal
emulator instead of the one you are currently using?

And what happens when you put the "odd" characters into some file and
find that from within emacs?  Also garbage?  And what if you cat the
file, or open it with less?

Bye,
Tassilo