Re: total count after expiring emails

From: prad
Subject: Re: total count after expiring emails
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:53:55 -0700

prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> writes:

> Lowell Gilbert <lgusenet@be-well.ilk.org> writes:
>
>> One thing you can do is move all of the remaining e-mails into the group
>> they're already in.
>>
> that sounds like a neat idea!
>
> i just tried it for a single article, but before i take the big plunge
> let me be sure i know what i'm doing.
>
> first go into my INBOX.
> then select the all articles and do a mark region M P r
> then do operation on marked articles M-& B m into my INBOX
>
> that's the way to do it?

the only problem seems to be that the count keeps increasing as i move
the articles in to INBOX.

so possibly what i should be doing is

1. moving things into a temporary group
2. emptying my existing INBOX
3. moving everything from the temporary group back into the INBOX

or is there a better way?

--
in friendship,
prad