Re: How to have 'mailto' (clicking addresses) open a new email in Gnus?

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: How to have 'mailto' (clicking addresses) open a new email in Gnus?
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 04:48:31 -0400

Marius Hofert <marius.hofert@math.ethz.ch> writes:

Hello Marius:

> many thanks. I can now start Emacs by clicking an email address, but
> it throws me in an empty buffer "~/(compose-mail-other-frame
> "my-email-address" ""). [So Gnus is not started]. Any idea for that?

Since I live in Emacs, I have never encountered this problem. I will
take a look at it and get back to you.

However, I highly recommend that you put:

,----
| emacs --daemon
`----

in your "~/.profile". This will start the emacs server once in the
background when you login. You can subsequently connect to it by just
using emacsclient.

Charles

--
"Besides, I think [Slackware] sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?"
(By Patrick Volkerding)