Re: GNUS hide group from *Group* buffer when there no unread messages...

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: GNUS hide group from *Group* buffer when there no unread messages...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:57:24 +0300

On 2012-08-14, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> And 'j' for `gnus-group-jump-to-group' will find any group, visible or
> not! This is my main method for *Group* buffer navigation, and for your
> exact use-case: 'j' to find a group, then 'C-u a' to compose a message
> to it.

Thanks for explaining of your workflow. I try it but seems that I need to use
ido completion or something similar as default completion require entering
many symbols and TAB pressing, for this:

  nntp+news.gmane.org-ephemeral:gmane.emacs.gnus.user
  nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.comp.window-managers.fvwm
  nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.help

  TAB : TAB e TAB RET

As I avoid using IDO-mode until have time to learn it dipper I still use such
approach: C-s KEYWORD and C-s C-s ... as many time until find looked group in
*Groups* buffer.

That's why I look (and still look!!) for way to prevent hiding groups with
zero unread articles.

Also thank to any mentioned about "C-u a", today I search for separate
function for this purpose but it was build-in for:

  gnus-group-post-news ("a")!!

--
Best regards!