Problems with gnus registry (does not save registry-marks)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Problems with gnus registry (does not save registry-marks)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 15:42:27 +0200

Hello

(Using Xemacs 21.5.32 Mule) no gnus 0.18 I have the
following problem.

I think I posted this a while ago to the ding list, but to
my knowledge it is not settled.  I used gnus-registry
successfully a while ago but under the new version I obtain
when I start gnus:

 "The Gnus registry could not be loaded from
 ~/.gnus.registry.eioio, creating a new one"

My setting is:

(setq gnus-registry-max-entries 2500
 gnus-registry-track-extra '(sender subject recipient))

(gnus-registry-initialize)

(defalias 'gnus-user-format-function-M 'gnus-registry-article-marks-to-names)

I can add registry-marks to articles but when I close and
restart the above message appears.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer