Why does this hook not work

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Why does this hook not work
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:56:08 +0200

I have defined the following working hook:
    (add-hook 'gnus-browse-mode-hook
              (lambda ()
                (define-key gnus-browse-mode-map "vu"
                  `(lambda ()
                     "Find unsubscribed groups that contains messages"
                     (interactive)
                     (search-forward-regexp "^[^ ] *[1-9]")))))

With this I find the unsubscribed groups that are not empty.

I wanted to go a step further. A lot of times I open messages in the
browser and expire them. For this I defined the following hook:
    (add-hook 'gnus-article-mode-hook
              (lambda ()
                (define-key gnus-browse-mode-map "v"
                  `(lambda ()
                     "Open article in browser and expire it"
                     (interactive)
                     (message "got here")
                     (gnus-article-browse-html-article)
                     (gnus-summary-mark-as-expirable 1)))))

But this does not work. The v key keeps undefined. What am I doing
wrong?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer