Re: How to set up Gnus as default mailto application in Ubuntu?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: How to set up Gnus as default mailto application in Ubuntu?
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:08:20 +0100

Can you be a bit more specific (for a newbie), please?

The page says:

,----
| Configure your web browser and operating system so that the script is the
default email application
`----

As I wrote, it is not clear to me, how I can tell google-chrome to accept a
script.

Concerning Ubuntu, the only two choices for default mail apps are thunderbird
and Kmail (see System Settings -> Details -> Default Applications). I tried to
figure out how to change that and the only way I found works via editing
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list. But what have to be the entries?
(x-scheme-handler/mailto=gnus (?)).

Cheers,

Marius