Re: Mute a thread

From: Lluís Vilanova
Subject: Re: Mute a thread
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 19:58:02 +0100

Anssi Saari writes:

> Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer@fsfe.org> writes:
>> Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> writes:
>>
>>> What about T l? It's bound to gnus-summary-lower-thread and seems to work.
>>
>> It does! How do you make that permanent though?

> Yeah, I noticed the lack of permanence too, after posting of course...

> However, at least for me, L T RET works and creates a scorefile entry
> too so it's more permanent (although that's a temporary score so it goes
> away if it hasn't matched anything for a while).

This is what I use:
* Temporarily lower score by 200 on current Message-ID
* Temporarily lower score by 200 on current thread
* Hide current thread and move to next

#v+
(defun my-gnus-lower-thread ()                            ; lower thread score
     "Permanently lower score for a whole (sub)thread."
     (interactive)
     (kmacro-exec-ring-item (quote ([?\C-2 ?\C-0 ?\C-0 ?\C-0 ?L ?i ?e ?t ?\C-m]
0 "%d")) nil) ; message-id
     (kmacro-exec-ring-item (quote ([?\C-2 ?\C-0 ?\C-0 ?\C-0 ?L ?t ?f ?t ?\C-m]
0 "%d")) nil) ; thread
     (gnus-summary-hide-thread)
     (gnus-summary-next-thread 1))
#v-

Unfortunately, the process seems to be quite slow, and could not find any
suitable function to call instead of replaying keystrokes.

BTW, on some cases it seems to not work (what seem as replies to a lowered
thread do not get automatically lowered), but I'm not sure if that's because
other people's MUAs are breaking the headers.

Lluis

 Tollbooth