Re: gnus & auto-fill-mode

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: gnus & auto-fill-mode
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:41:52 +0100

On 13 Feb 2013, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@riseup.net> writes:
>
>>> What can I do to avoid this 'contagion' of auto-fill-mode?
>>
>> Maybe try setting `message-fill-column' to nil?
>
> That would disable `auto-fill-mode' in message-mode buffers.  The
> enabling of `auto-fill-mode' in message-mode buffers shouldn't have
> any effect on other modes, and it doesn't have for me.
>
> So probably the problem is somewhere else.  May we have a look at
> "your own text mode".

yah, of course.

(define-derived-mode my-text-mode
  text-mode "Text"
  "Modified text-mode, includes longlines-mode and flyspell-mode"
  (visual-line-mode 1)
  (flyspell-mode 1)
  (load "modeline.el")
  (dolist (hook '(text-mode-hook))
    (add-hook hook (lambda()
                     (setq mode-line-types (vector "words" "chars"))))))

Now you'll probably want to see that modeline too? I'll ask its author
(Cecil Westerhof) if that is ok..

--
BOFH excuse #319:

Your computer hasn't been returning all the bits it gets from the Internet.