Re: Can't send emails to this list via gmane?

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: Can't send emails to this list via gmane?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:11:54 +0000

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am not able to post on newsgroups via gmane. I can email to the
> mailing list, but not post a new post or follow up via gmane. Below is
> my .gnus.el, and I subscribed to the gmane mailing lists via B in the
> groups buffer.
>
> Any suggestions?

What happens when you try to post, exactly?  What should happen is that,
after sending an NNTP message for the first time to a particular Gmane
newsgroup, you get a confirmation mail at the address you specified in
"From:" which must be a valid email address.  You must reply to that
confirmation message within a certain time (10 days, I believe) to have
your message posted.  After that, you should be able to post to that
group at any time without submitting a confirmation.

There is nothing obviously amiss with your configuration that would
prevent this from working.  Perhaps it is an issue on the Gmane end.
For instance, you could check that your network is not on the block list
at http://gmane.org/denied.php.  If you see your network there, you can
use the web interface to post to the `gmane.discuss' newsgroup to
request a resolution ( http://news.gmane.org/gmane.discuss ).

Best,
Will

--