Re: Sent message still in drafts (lisp error: "Selecting deleted buffer"

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Sent message still in drafts (lisp error: "Selecting deleted buffer")
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 10:40:59 +0900

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> wrote:
> Will Ma Gnus also work with GNU Emacs 23?

It should work.  I tried to build Emacs 23.4 but failed (this
seems to need some tweaks to build on Cygwin).  But don't worry,
in the past I had a chance to use the Emacs 23.4 binary that
Cygwin distributed and the one I built on Linux in home, and had
no problem with Ma Ggnus.  AFAICT, the significant difference
between the old Gnus and today's one is that the marks feature
for the nnml backend, etc. has been removed.  But it won't trouble
you unless you run two or more Gnus on the same account of the
same machine.

[...]

>> You can simply abandon Ma Gnus by:
>> ・ rm -r site-lisp/gnus
>> ・ remove the (require 'gnus-load) line in the ~/.emacs file.

> But Ma Gnus won't change the configuration so that the "stable" Gnus
> that comes with Emacs(23) does not run any more? In other words, can I
> always go back?

I believe you can go back with no major problem.  If anything, I
don't think you get a reason to go back.  Even if it causes a
trouble, you will be able to get more followups in the net since
the interest of developers and expert users is in the bleeding
edge, not the old ones.  What you have to do then is to download
and rebuild the improved Gnus, or to improve it by yourself.