Re: My gnus does not fetch articles

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: My gnus does not fetch articles
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 19:45:18 +0200

> vincent.belaiche@gmail.com (Vincent Belaïche) writes:
>
>> What I did is:
>> 1. I exited gnus with `q'
>> 2. I edited the ~/.newsrc file and deleted both lines with
>>    fr.comp.text.tex and comp.soft-sys.math.scilab
>> 3. I reentered gnus with `M-x gnus', and re-subscribed both these groups
>>    with `U' or `S S'
>> 4. Both groups still have the same issue, whether I endter with `RET' or
>>    `C-u RET', I do not get the latest news. Surprising the last message
>>    I get is exactly the same as before cleanign the ~/.newsrc.
>
> Previously you wrote that you reset the newsrc.eld file as well. Here
> you don't mention it.
>
> Maybe that makes a difference?
>

>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam

I have just tried that:

1. exit gnus
2. rename ~/.newsrc and ~/.newsrc.eld to ~/.newsrc.old and
   ~/.newsrc.eld.old
3. re-start gnus
4. re-subscribe to fr.comp.text.tex

And there is the same issue: the latest message which I see is quite an
old one.

Could that be related to some date format locale thing. As you know the
French do not use the same date format as the Americans and we have
differerent time zones too. What emacs-lisp primitive does gnus use to
get the date on my machine ? I can do some test and feedback what it
returns.

   Vincent.