Re: Flirting with Insanity with Thread Sorting

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: Re: Flirting with Insanity with Thread Sorting
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:29:05 -0300

Hello;

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 24 2013, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
>
>> Tue Jun 18 at 14:56 ● Joe Schmo
>> Tue Jun 18 at 16:04 ├――► Donny Brasco
>> Wed Jun 19 at 18:07 └――► -> Kim Ho
>> Thu Jun 20 at 13:20   └――► Jane Doe
>> Thu Jun 20 at 21:17     └――► Mary Flo.
>>
>> The second sorting makes more sense to me.  Can it be done by default?
>
> This is perhaps what you want:
>
> (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '((not
> gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date)))

That does sort within the threads chronologically, but threads
themselves are now also sorted chronologically so that threads with
newest articles appear at the bottom of the summary buffer.

This sorting seemed fine to me when I used Mutt, so maybe I can
appreciated it again if GMail hasn't permanently altered my brain.

Thanks,

Joseph