Re: gnus-expire flags on imap server

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: gnus-expire flags on imap server
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 14:25:34 +0200

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> When is the gnus-expire flag set on a message in an imap server when
> the message is marked as expirable in the Summary buffer ? I noticed
> that sometimes it's not set, maybe due to a broken connection.

If you have auto-expiry set, it happens on group exit.

> Is there a hook to run to ensure that all pending imap operations are
> done ?

If the server connection goes down and can't be brought back up, then
some IMAP marks may not be transferred to the server.  There's no IMAP
replay log in Gnus, which there should be, I think.

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php