Re: gmail and nnimap - hanging

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gmail and nnimap - hanging
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:44:36 +0200

Paul Rudin <paul@rudin.co.uk> writes:

Hi Paul,

> When reading gmail via nnimap I find that quite often things
> hang. Pressing C-g and then g will often sort things out.

I thought I had the same problem recently.  See the thread starting
with:

  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/cutoff=83751

It turned out that it acually was't gmail that caused the hang, but
instead it's been some nntp server, only the output in the message area
was misleading.

Bye,
Tassilo