Re: Dealing with Unicode

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Dealing with Unicode
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:09:42 +0200

Alex Schroeder <alex@gnu.org> writes:

 name: SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES

After a few seconds, I get shown the buffer ` *Format Temp 0*' and a
warning:

These default coding systems were tried to encode text
in the buffer ` *Format Temp 0*':
 (emacs-mule (164 . 128525))

How can I prevent this error message? Why is Gnus (or Emacs?) using
emacs-mule to save this buffer?

Perhaps the culprit is an entry in auto-coding-alist:

I'll try using utf-8 and we'll see how it goes.