Re: Spam despite spam header

From: Dmitrii Kashin
Subject: Re: Spam despite spam header
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:14:59 +0400

> Dmitrii Kashin <freehck@freehck.ru> writes:
>
>> And of course this is not a good practice to use gnus for sorting your
>> mail. It is very slow and local-only.
>
> What works horribly for you may very well work great for the next guy.

This was not emotions. I've specifically got rather definite claims. 2
years ago I got and spitted mail by gnus. And... First of all, this was
very slow while downloading big attachments. And I needed to wait for a
very long time in order to continue reading mail. Secondly, it was good
to me only until I bought a second computer (laptop). How would you
manage mail if you could do it only with one of you computers? And what
did I need the second computer for in this case? For all except
communication?

Now I get mail via imap sorting it on server side by sieve. For most
mailing lists I use gmane transport, and for all of my rss I use gwene.
In comparison with nnmail and nnrss this works supersonic and in
background, by the way.

If I did everything right in the beginning, I would not spend so much
time for reorganization of my mailing system.

> Using Gnus to split my email has served me great for the past 15+ years,
> and I think it is a perfectly fine practice.

I would like to know how you solved the problems with speed described
above.