Using git-annex to sync gnus-home-directory

From: Damon Haley
Subject: Using git-annex to sync gnus-home-directory
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:47:06 -0700

Does anyone on this list use git-annex to sync their gnus-home-directory
between hosts?

I'm getting a new laptop soon and want to sync my current gnus-home-directory
between machines through an git-annex private cloud (similar to Dropbox).
Git-annex has the option to have all data encrypted in the cloud.

More info on git-annex can be found at:

http://git-annex.branchable.com

My settings are:
gnus-home-directory "~/Messages/Gnus/"
message-directory "~/Messages/Gnus/Mail/"

So I was just planning to make ~/Messages a git-annex repository.

Does anyone else use this technique and are there any pitfalls or caveats I
should watch out for?  Any configuration tips for git-annex or gnus with this
type of setup would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Damon