Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:51:25 +0200

> I always thought that happened because the .newsrc.eld
> file wasn't saved, so sometimes the changes would
> vanish when you terminate Emacs.

For me it's very often very old messages that spring back to life, not
the ones read in the last session. Maybe it's some dribble-file
conflict, I'll try to remove it altogether.

> (setq gnus-use-dribble-file nil)
> (setq gnus-always-read-dribble-file nil)
> (setq gnus-read-newsrc-file nil)
> (setq gnus-save-newsrc-file nil)

Digging through my setup I noticed that I had a
(setq gnus-always-read-dribble-file nil)
hidden somewhere. I'll see what removing it does.

> For nntp, there is also, for example,
> ~/News/marks/Aioe.org/gnu/emacs/gnus - that deals with
> marks, though what it seems not what has been read and
> not read. I wonder though, why this is kept in parallel
> with the .newsrc.eld file?

So far I haven't noticed any problems with nntp, as long as it isn't
broken for me I won't fix it...

Julien.