Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 19:15:49 +0200

> Except that you are manually doing the equivalent
> every time you turn off your computer.
>
> So you are actually one of the people who need it the
> most.

Not anymore, because thanks to this discussion I've
change that:

(defun gnus-runs ()
  (get-buffer "*Group*") )

(defun gnus-save-if-runs ()
  (if (gnus-runs) (gnus-save-newsrc-file t)) ) ; FORCE

(defun shut ()
  (interactive)
  (gnus-save-if-runs)
  (shell-command "shut") )

("shut" is a zsh alias for 'shutdown -h now -F'.)

> Also, you wanted .newsrc.eld to be saved on every
> change; that is the net result of using the
> dribble-file.

Really? Then I'll start using it.

> Why do you want to not use it? Your "my system is
> invincible" is not a convincing argument.

Why not? In the help, the reason given for using is to
protect from a system crash.

--
underground experts united