Re: what is a good newsgroup to experiment with my gnus nntp settings?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: what is a good newsgroup to experiment with my gnus nntp settings?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:59:43 +0200

> It sounds like you are looking for open news servers.
> There are multiple, one is dotsrc.org (registration
> required, though) ...

Another is Aioe.org - you don't have to register,
there.

As for channels, there is alt.test where you can send
messages, reply to them, and see what happens.

Other that that, my impression is that your (the OP's)
mental image of Usenet is that of the decline days,
with the binary groups creating havoc for the ISPs and
all. It isn't like that - relax.

And check out my "fan" page:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/gnus/index.html

> P.S. It is spelled "Gnus" these days, not GNUS.

Don't say that: read the documentation for
`ispell-message'!

--
underground experts united