Re: Threads sorting doesn't work?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Threads sorting doesn't work?
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 06:47:14 +0100

Andrey Lisin <andrey.lisin@gmail.com> writes:

> You know, I've tried `gnus-thread-sort-by-number'
> option, but now it looks like none of the options I
> put in my config files (~/.gnus.el or
> ~/.emacs.d/init.el) are not taken any effects.
>
> I've tried to cut my options set to
>
> (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions
> (gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date))
>
> and there was no any effect.
>
> After that I changed it to
>
> (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '((not
> gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number)))
>
> no effect as well.
>
> Is it possbile options I set in ~/.gnus.el are not
> applied for some reason?

Yes, that's possible :)

I don't know what init order of config files is at
work on your system - try to make minimal files that
only do (message "I'm read") to debug. Copy the
ordinary files out of action or comment-out the "real"
stuff temporarily.

PS. You sent me this as a private mail. I take it it
was meant for the list, so I reply there with your
message quoted in full. DS.

--
underground experts united