Re: rendering HTML: how to disable

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: rendering HTML: how to disable
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 17:25:18 +1100

>> AFAICT the page pointed by URL is loaded as soon as soon as the message
>> is opened, to the rejoicing of spammers
>
> How do you tell this?

mostly guessing, but the unfiltered and rendered page contains much more
information while the "sanitised" one contains just a *really* long URL
(which, another guess, probably contains the recepient's ID embedded) with
no other details visible;

you raise an interesting point, and in my mythical spare time it would
be intriguing to fire up Wireshark to see what actually gets loaded when
opening such a message; from past experience when looking what gets
loaded when an innocuous looking web news page is opened with a browser,
the picture is not pretty ...