Performance problem of IMAP move (Gmail)

From: mremond
Subject: Performance problem of IMAP move (Gmail)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 12:27:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am currently trying to trouble shoot performance problem of the nnimap
move methods. It takes more than 30 seconds here to move a mail (I am
using Gmail) on imap on the same server.

imap server is a secondary server.

Here is the result of elp instrument:
gnus-summary-move-article                                                     2
          72.684064     36.342032
gnus-activate-group                                                           2
          62.887769     31.4438845
gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group                                            1
          62.887473     62.887473
gnus-group-completing-read                                                    2
          8.951666      4.475833
gnus-completing-read                                                          2
          8.9514789999  4.4757394999
gnus-emacs-completing-read                                                    2
          8.951453      4.4757265
gnus-read-move-group-name                                                     2
          4.755247      2.3776235
gnus-y-or-n-p                                                                 1
          4.516911      4.516911
gnus-request-set-mark                                                         2
          3.040978      1.520489
gnus-request-move-article                                                     1
          1.9702929999  1.9702929999

Any idea what I should do to pinpoint the issue ?

Thanks !

--
Mickaël Rémond